Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Havoc: Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda


Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda destroyed my city - Tacloban City, Philippines, by now, you perhaps have  been inundated of the horrific photos in the major news outfits. 

 I could not function in the first few days until I heard from my immediate family - they are safe but has to leave the city as it's not livable at this time. It made me want to be there with them come hell or high water (no pun intended this time). 

I am grieving for my hometown, for the loss of life, homes, basic necessities, food, water and medicine. This was unexpected.To make matters worse, the relief aid did not arrive to the people intended until the 7th day and up to now, there is still scarcity in the remote areas because of the backward mentality of the self serving, shameless politicians.

Occasional reports say that my fellow Leyteños are trying to have a semblance of life but there is still many to be done, from the clean up, burying the dead, more food and water, rebuilding of their homes and the continuation of their lives. I was thankful for the tremendous response from the International Community, countries, private organizations and individuals who stepped up and stood in the gap, Kudos! and Salamat.

I will not be reluctant in asking for donations on behalf of my fellow Leyteños because the need will outweigh the resources. If you are inclined please donate to:


OR:

any other Charitable Organizations you prefer. 

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hej! Har du haft en bra helg?:) Kolla gärna in på min blogg!^^

    ReplyDelete